Please submit a public comment to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, following the instructions at the above link. The comment must:
- be atleast 400 words in length,
- include your name
- support an existing scientific question or propose a new scientific question for the dietary guidelines to consider
- as instructed on the webpage, please use this language verbatim “This comment is in [support of/opposition to/relation to] [list specific scientific question]” to specify exactly the scientific question
- provide at least (1) peer-reviewed scientific reference that relates to the proposed question
- provides a clear public health rationale for the importance or significance of the scientific question in the dietary guidelines.
Keep in mind, the scientific questions are those that will be evalauted by the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee and will inform development of the pubic policy document (which influences eating in schools, federal instutitions, nutrition education in federal programs like SNAP-Ed, WIC, etc). Please consider how and why this question is important in that context and what it means to you, your family and your peers.
Please submit the comment via the public sumbission portal and also submit the comment here.