Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 1 and 2 of your Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership: Casting Light or Shadow course text.
Leadership is a complex topic. Up until now, the majority of your studies have focused on ethical leadership forms, but ethical leadership is only one part of a much larger leadership picture. There is also a dark side to leadership and to truly understand the ethical side of leadership, you need to understand the dark side.
In your paper,
- Summarize your impressions of the different dark leadership theories.
- Discuss why leaders cast shadow instead of light.
- Describe ethical dilemmas that you have encountered as a leader or a follower.
- Explain ways that you have resolved these dilemmas.
- Explain your thoughts about this week’s reading, and what you learned that will transfer to future ethical decisions.
- Describe your thoughts and observations about the moral choices made by a public figure and how these choices fit the lesson.
The Dark Leadership Theory paper
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.