Complete the following chart by identifying and describing five facilities and the services they offer as well as identifying personnel who work in each facility.
Cite at least five peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar resources.
Describe the following health care structures.
Discussion Questions (Optional):
1) If you were able to apply for a job today, or a new position in the health care industry, what type of facility would you be attracted to? Explain why.
2) What value (qualifications) would you bring to your selected facility
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, it is my responsibility to prepare assignments and provide lectures to medical college students. In this context, I have been asked to complete a chart identifying and describing five different facilities in the healthcare industry, along with the services they offer and the personnel who work in each facility. This assignment will require extensive research of peer-reviewed articles, medical journals, and other similar resources.
In addition to the chart, I will also be discussing various healthcare structures and answering some optional discussion questions related to job preferences and qualifications.
Facility | Services Offered | Personnel
— | — | —
Hospital | Inpatient and outpatient care, emergency services, surgery, diagnostic testing, rehabilitation, mental health treatment | Physicians, nurses, medical assistants, technicians, physical therapists, social workers
Pharmacy | Dispensing medications, education on medication usage and side effects, drug therapy management | Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians
Primary Care Clinic | General medical care, preventative care, health screenings, chronic disease management | Family physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical assistants
Urgent Care Center | Prompt care for minor injuries and illnesses, diagnostic imaging, laboratory testing | Physicians, nurses, medical assistants, radiology technicians
Hospice Care Facility | Palliative care for terminally ill patients, symptom management, emotional support for families | Physicians, registered nurses, hospice aides, social workers, chaplains, volunteers
1. Porter, M. E. (2010). What is value in health care? The New England Journal of Medicine, 363(26), 2477-2481.
2. National Institutes of Health. (2017). Understanding health care provider credentials. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001940.htm
3. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. (2021). Who we are. https://www.ashp.org/about-us/who-we-are
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Primary care. https://www.cdc.gov/primarycare/index.html
5. Medicare.gov. (2021). Urgent care centers. https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/urgent-care-centers
1. Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) – A group of healthcare providers who work together to improve quality of care and reduce costs for Medicare patients.
2. Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs) – A model of primary care that provides coordinated, comprehensive, and patient-centered care.
3. Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) – A network of healthcare providers, facilities, and services that work together to provide patient-centered care and improve health outcomes.
4. Accountable Health Communities (AHCs) – A model that addresses health-related social needs through community partnerships and coordination of resources.
5. Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) – A network that allows healthcare providers to securely access and share patient health information to improve care coordination.
Optional Discussion Questions:
1. If I were to apply for a job today, I would be attracted to a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) because it focuses on providing comprehensive, coordinated, and patient-centered care. I believe this model would enable me to provide holistic care to patients that addresses their medical, social, and emotional needs.
2. As a medical professor, I bring extensive knowledge of medical practices and procedures, research expertise, and a passion for education. In addition, I have experience in curriculum development, assessment, and feedback, which would enable me to provide valuable contributions to a healthcare facility’s education and training programs.
#Part #1Complete #chart #identifying #describing