On page 225 of your text, the authors write “…careful correlational research confirms the relationship between drinking during pregnancy and problems with fetal development. Pregnant women should never drink alcohol.”
1. Is the second statement justified by the first?
2. What other factors could account for the relationship?
3. What non-experimental investigation might illuminate the role(s) of those other factors?
4. Regardless of ethical issues, what experimental investigation might illuminate the causal relationship between alcohol and fetal development?
5. Does research really support the “never drink alcohol” conclusion?
Bring in at least one outside source when answering the question(s). Provide an APA-style reference for your source.